Blue Bunny - As Good As It Gets and It's Gotten Great

5.0
Additional Fees

How does a 76 year old lady let you know she's addicted to Blue Bunny chocolate ice cream and their various treats. Ice cream has always been my favorite treat since I was 2 years old.

My addiction has not changed. But BLUE BUNNY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES, CHOCOLATE COVERED TURTLE SICKLES, CHOCOLATE POPSICLES DRIVE ME HALF CRAZY. So disappointing that I can't find them in my favorite grocery store. So I drive another 31 miles to find them at Meijers.

Love the whole new concept you've given to ice cream treats - especially chocolate.

Any chance I might get a coupon now and then? I'll still drive the 1 miles for the Blue Bunny chocolate pop sicles.....but with a bigger smile on my face.

Product or Service Mentioned: Blue Bunny Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Exceptional.

Blue Bunny Candy Crunch Ice Cream Causes Massive Cramps and Gas Pains!

Last night, I bought a Blue Bunny Candy Crunch popsicle off an ice cream truck. Usually, I always buy another brand of candy crunch (chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream bar with a thick piece of fudge in the middle) but this truck only sold the Blue Bell version.

I tried it, thought it was okay. Then I was woken up in the middle of the night with the worst cramps and gas pains you could ever imagine. They were excruciating. I couldn't even pass anything, either, like when you normally have intestinal distress.

I had to wait in agony for the better part of two hours before I could experience any kind of relief. I am feeling a little better this morning, but I am still having major intestinal issues. I thought I was crazy to think it was from the Blue Bunny popsicle but then I Googled and saw others with the exact same complaints going back years, the same pains, the same everything. I am told it has something to do with an ingredient they put in their low fat ice cream.

This is the same ingredient, I think, that also caused many people to experience the same intestinal distress with Haribo's gummy bears awhile back.

If this company has been aware all this time that its ice cream is causing this type of distress in consumers and not doing anything about it, then it's pure evil, putting profits above everything else. In any event, I will never, ever touch even so much as a teaspoon of Blue Bell ever again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Blue Bunny Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Physically ill.

I didn't like: Gas pains, Cramps, Physical distress, Diarrhea, Pain.

• Diarrhea
  • Pain

Sentry Foods- Not putting ice cream away faster

2.4
Layout of Store

I have been going to the 92 & Lisbon location for many years and noticed that my ice cream always has ice in the top over and over. I went in on Monday April 3rd at around 8:30 am and noticed that they just sit the shipment on the floor instead of putting it away to prevent it from melting and refreezing.

Another customer also mentioned that she doesn't buy the ice cream here because of their restocking practices. I brought this up with the stocker (I don't remember his name, but he is there a lot- dark hair tall guy) He said "That's how we have been doing it for years." Are you kidding me?! You think someone wants to buy ice cream with large chunks of ice chips and pieces in it. Especially when the ice cream is over 6 bucks.

I noticed they just sit them there and bring other things in. That is not how it should be done.

I will just get it somewhere else. -.-

Product or Service Mentioned: Blue Bunny Ice Cream.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1313351

The reason frozen products sit in the aisles awaiting placement into the freezer while thawing is due to bad management and lazy employees. Both go together.

Shop elsewhere, of course. By the way, try to buy another brand rather than Blue Bunny---they reduced the size of their "ice cream" containers last year---have you noticed the new packaging design? It is not only a new design but also contains less of the product than before---you now get less "ice cream" for the same amount of money.

There are much better brands out there. Just make sure the container says "ice cream" and not something like "frozen dessert" or similar.